Utilities Benchmarking Report
This 33-page benchmarking report includes benchmarking data for 13 utilities operations KPIs including CAIDI, SAIFI, Equivalent Availability Factor and more. Each KPI in this report includes a chart outlining high-to-low performer data, a detailed KPI definition, calculation instructions and a summary of high-performing company attributes. Stop operating in the dark - benchmarking is a major step in identifying potential improvements within any utilities company. This report will give you a head start that you can't find anywhere else.
Which metrics, or KPIs, are included in this report?
This 33-page report includes benchmarking data (in easy-to-understand chart format), detailed definitions, measurement instructions and high-performer characteristics for the following 13 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Cost per Overhead Powerline Inspection
- Cost per Underground Powerline Inspection
- Customer Average Interruption Duration Index (CAIDI)
- Equivalent Availability Factor
- Momentary Average Interruption Frequency Index (MAIFI)
- Percentage of Utilities Customer Complaints Resolved Within 50 Days
- Power Transmission & Distribution Loss as a Percent of Output
- Renewable Electricity Sales as a Percentage of Total Retail Electricity Sales
- System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI)
- System Average Interruption Frequency Index (SAIFI)
- Transmission Line Operating & Maintenance Expense per Circuit Mile
- Transmission Line Operating & Maintenance Expense per MWh Transmitted
- Water Loss as a Percentage of Total Production
Download a Sample Utilities Benchmarking Report
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do you collect and validate your data?
A: From real-world consulting engagements with Fortune 500 leaders. We’ve spent 25 years conducting original research and anonymizing data from our engagements with top companies around the world. Every single data point we collect is scrutinized by our analysts to conform to established baselines and our rigorous in-house validation process. We won’t serve it up to you unless it meets our tough standards for utility and value.
Q: How much information will my Benchmarking Report contain?
A: Enough to produce a useful benchmark. And rest assured that it’s all current, validated, and useful. We only include data that’s been collected in the last five years. And while sample sizes vary by KPI, the average is 25, and the high end can surpass 1,000.
Q: How often do you update your reports?
A: Every year. We’re constantly gathering, scouring, and processing new data. We update our reports based on trends our analysts detect in the data, as well as the demand from our consulting clients and customers like you.
Q: Your download-able reports look great. But I need something custom. Can you help?
A: Heck yes. Our crack research teams just love custom assignments, and would be delighted to perform targeted research tailored to your specific requirements. Find out just how fast and affordable this is: Email us (email@example.com) or call us at 866.650.2888 and one of our friendly professionals will be happy to answer all your questions.
Electric & Gas Distribution Operations
This workflow template illustrates the design, development, testing and implementation of systems used to distribute electric and natural gas energy, including the mapping of distribution li...
Type : Workflow Template
Process Participants : Engineering & Design Staff, Distribution Operations Staff, Programming Staff, Field Technicians