Manufacturing & Production Benchmarking Report
This 45-page benchmarking report includes benchmarking data for 20 manufacturing & production KPIs including First Pass Yield (FPY), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and more. Each KPI in this report includes a chart outlining high-to-low performer data, a detailed KPI definition, calculation instructions and a summary of high-performing company attributes. Stop operating in the dark - benchmarking is a major step in identifying potential improvements within any manufacturing plant. This report will give you a head start that you can't find anywhere else.
Which metrics, or KPIs, are included in this report?
This 45-page report includes benchmarking data (in easy-to-understand chart format), detailed definitions, measurement instructions and high-performer characteristics for the following 20 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Capital Equipment Expense as a Percentage of Plant Revenue
- First Pass Yield (FPY)
- Inventory Turnover (Finished Goods Only)
- Inventory Turnover (Raw Materials Only)
- Inventory Turnover (Work-In-Process Only)
- Labor Expense as a Percentage of COGS
- Machine Time as a Percentage of Order Lead Time
- Machine Uptime
- Manufacturing Capacity Utilization Rate
- Materials & Components Expense as a Percentage of Plant Revenue
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Part Sales as a Percentage of Plant Revenue
- Product Sales as a Percentage of Plant Revenue
- Production Attainment
- Production Run Setup Time
- Raw Materials Expense as a Percentage of COGS
- Scrap Expense as a Percentage of Plant Revenue
- Scrap Rate
- Service Sales as a Percentage of Plant Revenue
- Utilities Expense as a Percentage of Plant Revenue
Download a Sample Manufacturing & Production Benchmarking Report
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do you collect and validate your data?
A: From real-world consulting engagements with Fortune 500 leaders. We’ve spent 25 years conducting original research and anonymizing data from our engagements with top companies around the world. Every single data point we collect is scrutinized by our analysts to conform to established baselines and our rigorous in-house validation process. We won’t serve it up to you unless it meets our tough standards for utility and value.
Q: How much information will my Benchmarking Report contain?
A: Enough to produce a useful benchmark. And rest assured that it’s all current, validated, and useful. We only include data that’s been collected in the last five years. And while sample sizes vary by KPI, the average is 25, and the high end can surpass 1,000.
Q: How often do you update your reports?
A: Every year. We’re constantly gathering, scouring, and processing new data. We update our reports based on trends our analysts detect in the data, as well as the demand from our consulting clients and customers like you.
Q: Your download-able reports look great. But I need something custom. Can you help?
A: Heck yes. Our crack research teams just love custom assignments, and would be delighted to perform targeted research tailored to your specific requirements. Find out just how fast and affordable this is: Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at 866.650.2888 and one of our friendly professionals will be happy to answer all your questions.
Demand Based Production
This workflow template illustrates the overall forecasting and execution of the demand based production process. Purchase and download this template in PDF and Visio (VSD) formats. You can c...
Type : Workflow Template
Process Participants : Production Assistant, Production Manager, Production Planner, Vendor